Starting from 24th of January, the Estonian Academy of Arts (EKA) is inviting prospective students to attend the online open house events of our international Master’s and PhD programmes. Info sessions provide a good opportunity to hear more about the studies, and to meet and ask questions directly from people behind the programmes. The open house events will take place between January 24 and February 14, online, pre-registration is needed (register here).
EKA offers eight international master’s programmes:
- Animation, an international MA programme with a main goal to successfully educate creators of animated films, providing them with theoretical knowledge and practical skills, at the same time encouraging students’ individual approach to filmmaking.
- Contemporary Art, a two-year international programme for emerging contemporary artists of different backgrounds intended to guide them during the development of their artistic position.
- Craft Studies MA curriculum expands on the discipline and understanding of contemporary crafts and advances professional development, critical expression, and artistic research into materials, processes, concepts and identities.
- Graphic Design MA programme takes an expanded view of graphic design and is intended to develop a student’s independent practice and define their position as a graphic designer.
- Interaction Design MA programme focuses on human interactions with services, products and experiences. Aiming to create the future that is based on human values, needs and behaviours.
- Urban Studies MSc programme is focused on contemporary urbanism. Combining history, theory and practice to rethink prevailing understandings of urbanisation, and to contribute to building more equitable urbanisms than the current ones.
- Literature, Visual Culture & Film Studies, a joint programme between EKA and TLU, offers a broadly interdisciplinary study of the relationships between literature, visual culture and film in contemporary and historical contexts.
- Service Design Strategies and Innovation, a joint programme between EKA, Art Academy of Latvia and University of Lapland, with a focus on service design, management and leadership.
The international master’s programmes are designed for artists and designers with the ambition to develop and enrich their individual practice with cross-disciplinary investigations. EKA encourages bold experimentation, and students are able to take courses and workshops outside of their specialisations. The curricula are constructed in such a way as to cultivate the analytical abilities and critical thinking of students who develop into environmentally and socially conscientious creators. The teaching language of the master’s programmes is English and duration is two years.
Online info session about doctoral studies at EKA takes place on February 7 at 1:30pm EET via Zoom. More information and registration HERE.
The Estonian Academy of Arts, founded in 1914, is the only public university in Estonia offering higher education in architecture, design, fine arts, art culture, cultural heritage and conservation. It is an active study and research institution and the leading national center of innovation in visual culture. EKA is listed among Top 200 Architecture and Design Universities in the World by QS World University Rankings.
Twelve hundred students currently enrolled at EKA are taught by nearly three hundred professors, associate professors, lecturers and workshop managers from Estonia and abroad. Small groups of carefully selected students enable a more personal, one-on-one approach to instruction and family-like, close-knit atmosphere. EKA prides itself on the low student-to-faculty ratio. Studies take place in a new award-winning building with an innovative and inspiring environment, and students are encouraged to make use of the different facilities at EKA: professional photography and sound studios, workshops for wood- and metalworking, 3D modelling, textile, glass, ceramics, printmaking and many more.
We invite you to join us! Application deadline for the MA programmes is March 4, and for the PhD programmes March 31, 2024. For more information about the specific programmes and admission requirements, visit here or contact email@example.com.