From February 1 until March 1, Estonian Academy of Arts (EKA) is once again welcoming applications for its 6 international Master’s programmes:
- Animation, an international MA programme with a main goal to successfully educate creators of animated films, providing them with theoretical knowledge and practical skills, at the same time encouraging students’ individual approach to filmmaking.
- Contemporary Art, a study program for emerging contemporary artists with the main focus of guiding them during the development of their individual artistic practice.
- Design & Crafts, an interdisciplinary MA programme which highlights the importance of seamlessly combining traditional craft to contemporary practices and advanced technologies. The students enter a common programme but also select a speciality: Ceramics, Glass, Jewellery and Blacksmithing, Textile Design, Accessory Design or Fashion Design.
- Graphic Design, a new MA program intended to develop a student’s independent practice and define their position as a graphic designer.
- Interaction Design, an international MA programme which focuses on human interactions with services, products and experiences. Aiming to create the future that is based on human values, needs and behaviours.
- Urban Studies, a master’s programme focused on contemporary urbanism. Combining history, theory and practice to rethink prevailing understandings of urbanization, and to contribute to building more equitable urbanisms than the current ones.
The international master’s programmes are designed for artists and designers with the ambition to develop and enrich their individual practice with cross-disciplinary investigations. EKA encourages bold experimentation, and students are able to take courses and workshops outside of their specialisations. The curricula are constructed in such a way as to cultivate the analytical abilities and critical thinking of students who develop into environmentally and socially conscientious creators. The teaching language of the international master’s programmes is English and duration is two years.
EKA is an island of freedom. EKA encourages innovation and experimentation, and students are able to take modules and workshops outside of their specialisations. Have an idea? Try it! You’ll find there’s refreshing lack of red tape here. Those who study at EKA soon discover a wide spectrum of possibilities.
Small groups of carefully selected students enable a personal, one-on-one approach to instruction and family-like, close-knit atmosphere. EKA prides itself on the low student-to-professor ratio.
The lecturers and instructors are professionals in their field—internationally recognised artists, architects, designers, historians, and scholars who provide unique, individualised study and personal mentorship in a quaint and synergetic atmosphere.
Studies take place in a new award-winning building with an innovative and inspiring environment. The building is full of modern workshops, studios and other facilities for our students and staff.
We invite you to join us!
Applications for the 2021/22 academic year will be accepted until March 1, 2021. Yearly tuition fees range from 1,200 to 3,900 EUR, depending on the programme.
For more information about the specific programmes and to apply, visit artun.ee/admissions or contact email@example.com. To apply directly, visit DreamApply.