Type of institution: Public University
Number of students: 4300
Number of international students: 200
International student office: email@example.com
Address: Kreutzwaldi 1, Tartu 51014, Estonia
About Estonian University of Life Sciences
Estonian University of Life Sciences (EMU) is the only university in Estonia whose priorities in academic and research activities provide the sustainable development of natural resources necessary for the existence of Man as well as the preservation of heritage and habitat.
According to QS World University Rankings by Subject (2015), the Estonian University of Life Sciences is one of top 100 universities in the world in the field of agriculture and forestry, ranked 51 to 100. The university also belongs to the top 1% most cited research facilities in the world, with our plant physiology professor Ülo Niinemets being the most cited Estonian researcher altogether. The academic structure is composed of research and development institutes or institutions, centres and other structural units. Currently, teaching and research is carried out in five institutes.
- One of the 6 public universities in Estonia
- 4th in size among public Estonian universities
- 4th in the number of foreign students
Quick facts about EMU:
- Type of institution: Public University
- Faculties and colleges: Institute of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, Institute of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Sciences, Institute of Forestry and Rural Engineering Institute of Technology, Institute of Economics and Social Sciences.
- Number of students: 3400
- Number of international students: 200