Established in 1988, EBS is the oldest privately owned business university located in the heart of Tallinn, Estonia and since 2011 a campus in Helsinki, Finland. EBS teaches entrepreneurship and business administration in a practical manner at Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral levels.
An increasing number of studies at EBS are conducted in English, offering an opportunity to build an international network of contacts. With more than 1500 students and international faculty the EBS mission is to provide enterprising people with academic knowledge, practical skills and ethical values, which can be successfully implemented in international careers.
EBS has an international outlook, which means the school enjoys a growing reputation as a provider of excellent, practice-based and academically rigorous education to students from all parts of the world. To give the students an international experience, EBS signed a Double diploma agreement with Lancaster University Management School in 2007.
The EBS Student Council and its International Club organise various programmes for international students both inside and outside the classroom, which make their stay especially memorable.
EBS has over 60 partner universities in Europe, America, Australia, and Asia, enabling extensive exchange of students and lecturers. Over 30% of EBS’s student body are international students. In 2011 EBS opened a campus in Helsinki. EBS has over 4500 alumni who according to a study by Statistics Estonia earn higher monthly income than the graduates of other Estonian universities. In 2016 EBS English-language Bachelor’s level International Business Administration study programme became the first in Estonia to receive EPAS accreditation, which is among the highest level recognition business schools can receive. EPAS accreditation is awarded by the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD).
Why study at EBS?
- Highly ranked and accredited study programmes - EBS is the first in Estonia to receive EPAS accreditation and has been awarded by Eduniversal amongst the world’s top 300 best business schools. All EBS Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral programmes have been accredited by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Estonia.
- EBS develops the know-how and skills in our students that are necessary and relevant for the society in a long term perspective.
- With global partners, EBS provides competitive advantages to all stakeholders both, on personal and professional level.
EBS is proud of and respects all of its alumni. There are photos of all alumni on the walls of the school, not only of those who have gained public recognition. It is impossible to cut in stone “artists of life”, entrepreneurs or academicians, because every person has their invaluable contribution to the society to make. The Rector of EBS, Prof Arno Almann says that the students and alumni of a business school are more rational and goal-oriented people who value the prospect of future opportunities that education would equip them with.
„According to recent research, the EBS alumni have been one of the most successful university graduates in Estonia. Quarter of the respondents have received a better job offer due to the received education. The success of its alumni has been the best recognition to the business school,“ assured Prof Arno Almann.
In addition to education, the EBS alumni also value the contacts they have received and the internationalization of the university.
Quick facts about EBS:
- Founded: 1988
- Faculties and colleges: Department of Management, Department of Marketing and Communication, Department of Entrepreneurship, Institute of Foreign Languages, Department of Law and Public Administration, Department of Information Technology, Department of Economics and Finance, Executive Training Centre
- Research Institutes: Research is conducted in the departments and at the research centres: Entrepreneurship Centre, Centre for Business Ethics and Centre for Management Research. The main academic concentration of EBS lies in organizational development in an institutional context.
- Language of instruction: Estonian, English
- Location: Tallinn, Estonia
- Number of students: 1500
- Number of international students: 520 (450 international degree students, 70 exchange students).
- Ranking: Eduniversal 2018 best business schools (among the top 300 business schools of the world).